The volunteers of CHETNA provide a unique and crucial service to the South Asian community affected by domestic violence in the Dallas/Ft Worth area (including Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and Denton.
Co-founded by 2 amazing women in 2005 who identified an underserved need within the community, the many dedicated volunteers now offer all of the following services:
- A Confidential Helpline 1-888-9CHETNA
- Peer Support/Case Management
- Community Outreach
- Education and Awareness
- Legal Referrals/Legal Advocacy
- Referrals to Local Service Providers (Shelters, Counselors, Etc)
- Flexible Transitional Housing Assistance
About Domestic Violence in the South Asian Community
There are unique cultural challenges South Asian immigrants face when it comes to getting out of an abusive relationship.
- Immigrant status
- Language/Interpretation barrier
- Lack of culturally and linguistically accessible services
- Reluctance to approach Police/Courts for help
- Lack of skills or transferable education from a home country
- Lack of employment, finances and credit
- Lack of family or support network
Want to learn more?
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.