We are looking for a Photo Journalism intern for Dallas Heroes Project (DHP). The ideal candidate will have a passion for photo and video journalism, digital/social media, and social impact. Candidate must be located in Dallas. This is an unpaid internship. Time commitment is 3 months, approx. 10-15 hours per week.
- Capturing photographs and film video segments of selected monthly hero & related events
- Creating video content that is on-trend & optimized for popular social channels (on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube,Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) and captures the attention and interest of Dallasites
- Working with social media marketing manager to create content
- Content should be informational, inspirational, and fun
- Conduct research to gather background information about a subject
- Conduct interviews to enhance and verify news stories
- Write narration to accompany images and video clips
About Dallas Heroes Project
Dallas Hero’s Project celebrates local heroes, educating citizens on critical issues facing the city, and enables citizens to take social action to make a positive impact in the city of Dallas. Each month we pick 1 hero, a person making a positive impact in our city. Then we try to learn everything about that hero’s organization and cause to figure out how we can help and get involved. Our hope is that through our marketing efforts, more Dallasites will learn about the good happening in our city & become inspired to get involved.
Dallas Heroes Project is a 501(c)(30) non-profit organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com